The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped organ located in the base of your neck. It releases hormones that control metabolism. The thyroid’s hormones regulate many vital body functions. If it doesn’t function properly, then that affects the natural balance of your body.
Also, it is very difficult to diagnose thyroid disorder because it has similar symptoms as other health issues. Therefore, it is very important to recognize its symptoms and visit your doctor.
These are the 8 symptoms of thyroid issues that should not be ignored:
- Frequent pains in the muscles or joints– This is an indication that should not be ignored, so you must visit your doctor and check whether you are experiencing thyroid issues.
- Bloating and swelling – Hypothyroidism can often lead to bloating. On the other hand, if you notice swelling or puffiness in the face, you should immediately check your thyroid gland.
- Trembling and anxiety – Sometimes, the excessive production of thyroid hormones may lead to accelerated metabolism and thus can make you feel irritated, nervous, shaky, and you can also experience concentration issues.
- Weight changes – Hypothyroidism can lead to unexplained weight gain, and on the other hand, hyperthyroidism can lead to rapid weight loss.
- Irregular menstruation – Thyroid problems can cause two kinds of abnormal menstruation: hypothyroidism leads to extremely difficult and long menstruation and hyperthyroidism causes small flow or no menstrual cycle at all.
- Change in mental functions – Reduced levels of thyroid hormones cause constant fatigue and feelings of tiredness and dizziness.
- Abnormal reaction to the temperature outside – In the case of thyroid gland disorders, people may react differently to the temperature outside than others. In the case of hyperthyroidism, people feel abnormal warmness, while the ones with hypothyroidism feel unnatural cold.
- Hair loss, facial pallor – The thyroid gland issues can also be manifested by hair loss, weak, brittle and dry hair.
Do not ignore any of the symptoms mentioned above. Any of these symptoms may indicate that you suffer from certain thyroid issue.
Moreover, the best prevention of thyroid issues is to lower the intake of gluten and dairy products in order to prevent digestive distress, treat nutritional deficiencies, manage stress, treat allergies, and cleanse the body from heavy metals and toxins.