Benefits of EVENING PRIMROSE OIL
- Good for all skin types including psoriasis, eczema, damaged, and wrinkled aged skin.
- Rich source of gamma linoleic acid (GLA), omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
- Soothes inflammation and is often used for rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Widely used for Sjorgren’s syndrome, Raynaud’s phenomenon, neuropathy, PMS Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and Menopause.
- Nourishes hair and is great for hair loss (especially hair loss due to thyroid issues), seborrheic dermatitis, and dandruff.
- Strong odor compared to other carrier oils.
- Dilute to a maximum of 10% of the blend due to its oily residue.
- Leaves an oily residue on the skin.
- Shelf life (about 6 months) if refrigerated after opening.
Evening Primrose Carrier Oil is a rich source of gamma linoleic acid (GLA), omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids which can be used to nourish the skin. It also soothes inflammation and can be used in dandruff applications. Small amounts are often added to other carrier oils for fortification.
Evening Primrose (Unrefined) Oil has a reputation to help with many ailments. It helps nourish the skin and hair; reducing signs of eczema and psoriasis, fights the effects of aging, is used to help with symptoms of many debilitating health issues. Unrefined means that the Evening Primrose Oil is left in a virgin state after being pressed. The oil is not filtered or processed. Therefore, it has a stronger fragrance (odor) but maintains more health benefits.
An Evening Primrose oil blend can be beneficial to help with serious skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis. The oil should be applied to the affected area a few times a day and especially after taking a shower.
People suffering from Seborrheic Dermatitis have had wonderful results using evening primrose oil directly on their scalp and also taking evening primrose supplements.
Blending Evening Primrose Oil with Essential Oils
Evening Primrose Carrier Oil Mixture:
10% Evening Primrose Oil
90% Sweet Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil or Jojoba Oil
Body Massage Oil: 40-60 drops of essential oil to about 4 ounces of Evening Primrose Oil Mixture.
Everyday Home Use: 10-20 drops of essential oils with 1 ounce of Evening Primrose Oil Mixture.
Therapeutic: 25-30 drops of essential oil to about 1/2 oz of Evening Primrose Oil Mixture.
- Therapeutic blends are normally used to address a specific health issue and is not used long-term.
- Some Essential Oils need fewer drops due to their high potency.