Coconut oil is rapidly growing in popularity for a wide variety of uses and benefits. For everything from cooking to moisturizing skin, this miracle oil tops the list of natural alternatives to improve your health and well-being.
People use it for all sorts of things, from cooking and cleaning to moisturizing their skin and removing their makeup.Others often use coconut oil to help improve the health and condition of their hair.
Before you start using this oil for its many beneficial, functions, perhaps you should find out what makes it so special, and why millions of people choose to use it.
Lauric acid is naturally occurring in breast milk as well and is supportive of hormone health and cellular health. This beneficial property of coconut oil is also one of the reasons it can help prevent protein loss in hair (for some people).
Coconut oil’s structure allows it to penetrate hair in ways that other oils are not able to, which is why some people notice amazing results relatively quickly when using coconut oil for hair.
BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL FOR HAIR
RICH IN NUTRIENTS
Coconut oil is loaded with natural antioxidants and nutrients such as Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and Iron. Each of these plays a key role in keeping your hair soft and supple, and Iron can even eradicate dandruff.
The use of coconut oil on hair is thought to help to reduce protein loss in both damaged as well as undamaged hair. Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid has a high affinity for hair protein and easily penetrates inside the hair shaft, which is due to its low molecular weight. It can be used for pre-wash or post-wash hair grooming.
COCONUT OIL COULD HELP YOU GROW YOUR HAIR LONGER
Lots of people want to grow long, sleek and shiny hair. However, day-to-day wear and tear on your hair caused by styling, grooming, the weather, and pollutants can damage it. This can make growing longer hair difficult, as your hair can become more worn and tired the longer it gets.
COCONUT OIL TO DEFEAT DANDRUFF
If the long-time use of chemical shampoos, conditioners, styling products, or colorants has left you with itchy, flaky, dandruff – you can use this oil to heal your scalp. Just follow these easy steps daily and watch your dandruff problems disappear:
- At the end of the day or shortly before bedtime, wash your hair with an all natural shampoo and condition as usual.
- Gather the following supplies: a comb or hair pick, two small bowls of different sizes (one should fit inside the other), a towel or cloth to cover your head overnight, and your jar of organic virgin coconut oil.
- Scoop a small portion of coconut oil into the smaller of the two bowls then place it into the bottom of the larger bowl.
- Fill the larger bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged, but not floating or taking on water.
- While you wait for your coconut oil to come to temperature, use your comb or hair pick to remove any tangles.
- Once the coconut oil is completely melted, use your fingers to gently massage the oil into your scalp. (If you have long hair, it may be easier to flip your head upside-down in order to apply oil to your entire scalp.)
- Wrap your head with the towel or cloth and leave coconut oil on your scalp overnight for best results.
The fatty acids found in this oil work with the natural proteins found in hair to protect it from breaking (and therefore allowing it to grow). In fact, the lauric acid found in our coconut oil is fantastic at caring for hair.
Hair conditioner can be easily prepared at home using coconut oil. It is not only effective; it also does not have side effects. Many beauticians swear by it and say that applying a couple of tablespoons to your hair before sleeping at night then washing off in the morning is a miracle worker.