Did you know, that Turmeric has many health benefits ? Yes, the one you have been using with your butter, mustard, cheese and so on. People are using turmeric to treat all kinds of health issues. And from recent study, it says that turmeric can reduce risk of cancer, can treat heartburn, bloating, diarrhea, headaches, arthritis and many other health issues.Very low amounts of turmeric can help you with health issues, even lower than what researchers thought would be enough ( lower than 1-2 grams a day ).
Reasons for adding Turmeric in your Diet:
1. Blocks Fat & Detoxifies Liver: Curcumin has the ability to boost your liver functions and can block fat, and curcumin is one of the active compounds in turmeric.When the liver is supported through the use of turmeric, it can also help to detox the blood, reduce inflammation, and prevent internal blood clotting.And can block the fat with suppressing the blood vessels that use to form of fat tissue.
2. Boosts Immune System: Turmeric has antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties, which can boost our immune system and act as a protection for our body against number of health threats.
3. Reduces Inflammation: We all know that some prescription drugs come with many toxic effects, while turmeric has no toxic properties. That’s why, curcumin is a lot safer and much more effective for diseases such as Inflammation Bowel and Arthritis diseases.
4. Cancer Prevention: It’s already been proven, that turmeric can protect us and stop the growth of existing cancer and can destroy cancer cells. Curcumin is really amazing when it comes to protecting our colon cells from free radicals and many researchers have confirmed this.
5. Reduces Cholesterol Levels: Curcumin can really be helpful when it comes to cholesterol. Because of its cholesterol-lowering properties.
Few Suggestions In Which Food You Can Add Turmeric:
1. Soup: You can add few small pieces of turmeric in your favorite soup, turmeric won’t affect the taste of your soup it will only change the color.
2. Turmeric Tea: You can make tea from turmeric by: Boiling 1 cup of water and then stirring in ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric or fresh grated turmeric. You can add honey and lemon to sweeten the taste.
3. Rice: You can add turmeric to rice, turmeric will bring mild flavor and color to rice.
4. Mix it with Smoothie: Fresh turmeric can be really amazing in your favorite juices and smoothies.
5. Salad: You can add it in salads as well, mince the turmeric and add it in your favorite salad.
6. Homemade Mustard: You can mix turmeric with your homemade mustard. To make homemade mustard, you can use basic mustard with ½ cup ground mustard, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon each of turmeric and salt.
7. Eggs: You can add turmeric spice to your eggs however you want ( boiled, scrambled, omelet, etc. ).