Exercise is very important if you wish to stay healthy and fit. However, very often than not, we tend to skip our daily workout session because of different reasons. So, how do we keep up the dedication towards exercise is the question that we need to ponder upon for a healthy future. There are times that when we don’t get time for exercise, or we have social responsibilities and engagements, and often we feel lethargic to start the workout. Physical outdoor fitness workout is not only necessary for weight loss, but it even has various uses. Intense workout sessions help to improve your energy level, improves cardiovascular health, reduces risk of type 2 diabetes, etc. Even after knowing the importance of exercise, we still sometimes don’t feel motivated. In such cases, it is necessary to change your habits based on your schedule, personality likes, and dislikes.
Tips to avoid skipping the exercise
- Put on the calendar as an appointment: If you do not get time to do exercise on a daily basis, you can schedule a few days of a week to carry out your workout. However, the exercise schedule should be followed without giving it a miss. But, in today’s busy world, we tend to forget or ignore things. You can add a schedule or set a reminder for exercise like any other important appointment. This will help you to be prepared.
- Set long and short term goal: Having a goal set in advance helps you to be motivated to achieve your desired goal. However, there also has to be short goals that can lead you to the ultimate goal. Short goals help you to be focused and motivated in your process to reach the final goal.
- Morning workout: Morning is the time when the temperature remains humid, and you feel fresh to take up the day’s activity. So schedule your workout at early hours of the day and skip any excuses that may come in the way of your fitness. Morning workout has many benefits like it reduces the blood pressure, improves quality of sleep, and also improves your immune system.
Reasons to do a workout in an outdoor area
- Improves heart health and lowers blood pressure: People mainly focus on one aspect of exercise, i.e., weight loss. But, there are many benefits and reasons to take up regular exercise. One of the most important reasons to do regular exercise is that it helps to improve the health of your heart as exercise lowers cortisol, blood pressure, and pulse rate.
- Improves social life: One of the benefits of an outdoor workout that is highly ignored is that you can improve your social relations by doing exercise in groups. Social interactions also help to reduce and stress and depression. Interacting with different people increases your communication and renders you socially active.
- Low probability of injury: It is one of the reasons that people do not know off. Surprisingly it is true that outdoor exercise reduces the risk of injury. When you do your exercise by repetitively pounding on the treadmill, your body becomes resistant to any kind of change, which can lead to overuse injuries. Outdoor exercise offers more flexibility.
Health benefits of outdoor exercise
- Increases endorphin levels: Endorphins are hormones in our body that get released when we do something that needs a huge burst of energy. Endorphins are the hormones that make us move and perform our activities. Exercise helps to increase the level of endorphins in the body, which contributes to creating a feeling of euphoria.
- Improved sleep: Sleep is one of the things that can keep you fresh all day or can render you dull. Exercise helps you to get quality sleep and keeps you fresh during the day. Researches suggest that a person who does 150 minutes of workout per week can see a reduction in the severity of insomnia. Sound sleep also keeps your mood well.
- Sharpens focus: Intense workout increases the endorphin levels in our body, thus boosting our energy level. The increased energy makes you ready tackle the obstacles with complete focus. The workout provides you sound sleep, which keeps you fresh the next day, and you can concentrate on your work with higher focus.